Tuesday 26 March 2013

Takin' care of business




 




Even though I don't regularly practice as a photographer my degree in Fashion with Photography keeps me interested in the latest editorials, adverts and fashion films. There are a lot of talented photographers and stylists out there but often the concepts behind the editorials lack imagination and blend in amongst the rest. However, when I saw 'Takin' care of business' for Bon Magazine I loved it. 7 women are styled in their usual attire for work and an image of their work place is posted opposite. I'm not sure that my mechanic looks quite so stylish when I pop in for my yearly MOT but the juxtaposition of the contrasting images works brilliantly. The simplicity in the styling and the layout adds to the impact of the concept. Well done Bon Magazine- a great editorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment