Friday 11 January 2013

London Collections: Shaun Samson A/W 13

My Shaun Samson ticket request was granted very late-in fact the night before the show! When I arrived I was hardly surprised as it was very over crowded. I did get quite a good spot, underneath some photographers, crunched up on the floor but it was worth it. Overall I was very impressed with the general running and show spaces at London Collections: Men, my only vouch would be 'The Hospital Club' show space was far too small and over crowded.

Anyway back to Shaun Samson, his A/W 2013 collection was apparently inspired by monsters and mice. However, I would say it looks more like hockey and American football. The collection had quite a bright colour pallette and a mixutre of snapbacks worn backwards, giving it a street feel. The urban theme continued as there were clothes with an almost graffiti aesthetic. The deep marroons and warm reds complimented each other well in contrast with a lot of black.

 Shaun Samson offered a softer side to the collection as some beige chunky knits came out onto the catwalk. Not to mention a splash of tartan that has been so popular at London Collections:Men this season. Thank you Shaun Samson for a brilliant show.











No comments:

Post a Comment