Thursday 10 January 2013

London Collections: Exhibitions A/W 13

Well London Collections:Men may now be over for another season, but what a great event it was! The menswear designers were better than ever and the atmosphere was a lot less pretentious compared to London Fashion Week. To start with the LC:M badges are so much nicer than the tacky landyards at London Fashion Week, and the press lounge and cinema viewing, equally as impressive.

I was working for Who's Jack magazine to cover some shows, and it was hectic but a great experience. I have been to London Fashion Week, but yesterday was the first full day of fashion show's that I have had. I must say I am quite sad it is all over-but don't forget it's nearly London Fashion Week. I covered some great show's that should all be up on Who's Jack very soon. 


In between some shows I found the time to check out the exhibitions at The Hospital Club. I always find exhibition's quite awkward because sometimes the designers are sat with their work and other times it is someone who cannot tell you a thing about their work. I love Christopher Raeburn's previous work so I had to check it out at the exhibitions. 


My favourite piece has to be the jacket with map print all over it. After talking to the represenative for CR, I learnt the jacket was actually made out of recycled vintage leather, and the maps were once real maps. The collection focuses on a lot of military influences and overall I was very impressed. As I missed the Christoper Raeburn catwalk, it was great to see the clothes up close and really appreciate them.



Another designer that has had a lot of press over the last couple of days is the designer, Sibling. Mainly for his 'Please Kill Me' jumper, which is set to be the next big thing. What do you think of his chunky pastel knits?










No comments:

Post a Comment