Sunday 13 January 2013

Emerging Trend: Meggings

Although I regularly write for menswear magazine, Pause, most of the time my blog posts are photography related or clothes that I would like to wear myself. However whilst at London Collections: Men, I really enjoyed writing about menswear even more and considered starting a separate menswear blog. Then I thought why not start writing a bit more about menswear on my current blog-who know's it might even attract some more male followers. 

Anyway enough about me-this post is about the emerging trend: Meggings (Male leggings)!I know it is hard to think of a time where women's leggings weren't in fashion but trust me there was a time. I remember when leggings started filling our shops and people weren't too sure, but soon enough the streets and catwalks embraced leggings and they have been a wardrobe staple ever since. Meggings, on the other hand are trying to find a way into the male wardrobe, I think the best way to describe them is Marmite. I don't ever think they are going to be as popular as leggings are with women, as quite frankly they are unflattering and very feminine.

The Meggins on the left hand side look very similar to black skinny jeans, I'm just guessing they are a whole lot more comfortable. The pair on the right are a lot more out there and I'm sure will find themselves on the streets of Shoreditch and Dalston in the coming weeks. Thinking back to J.W Anderon's A/W 13 show at London Collections:Men where he had both dresses and very short shorts on display it all of a sudden makes Meggings seem very manly indeed. If you are male, would you wear them? And for the females out there-would you date someone wearing Meggings?

No comments:

Post a Comment