Thursday 13 December 2012

Jessica Chastain for W Magazine: January 2013





'I love wigs, I love costumes, I love anything that will get me into the character.' Jessica Chastain



The relationship between art and fashion is always up for discussion for those interested in art and fashion. W Magazine have taken this topic and used it as the main theme for their January Issue the 'Art meets fashion' edition. Hollywood actress Jessica Chastain graces the cover of W Magazine in the multi cover issue. 

After being described as the 'ultimate muse' Jessica has been re-interpreted by visual artists;  George Condo, Rineke Dijkstra, Chantal Joffe and Mickalene Thomas for the latest issue of W Magazine. My favourite cover has to be the George Condo interpretation, it is quite simply a work of art. Jessica's striking red hair (admittedly a wig) looks beautiful in contrast as she blends into George Condo's art work. 

Photography by Rineke Dijkstra 

No comments:

Post a Comment